Thursday, August 10, 2006

Book Tagged!

Ive been book tagged by my favorite oncology nurse, kt . She is a kindred spirit because she loves books and reading as much as I. My mother who was a teacher gave me the love for books and enriched my life as a small child with our many trips to the local library. I cannot walk thru any library, anywhere and NOT think about my mother. She once told me reading all kinds of books makes us smarter. I was about 5 or 6 when she told me that and to this day, I still believe she was 100% right. I kept up her tradition and take both of my boys to the local library and encourage reading. I read all kinds of books, fiction, non-fiction, smutty novels, mysteries, just all kinds..except harlequin romance paperbacks and sad stories. So here goes!

1. One book that changed my life: Think Harmony with Horses. This book made me look at horses and life differently at a young age. I am so happy I read it when a friend offered it to me, it was just newly released at the time. Seems like a lifetime ago!

2. One book I've read more than once: What to Expect When You're Expecting both times I was preggers.

3. One book I would want on a desert island: The RuckSack By Michael A. Neiger, Wilderness Trip Leader Central Upper Peninsula Group, Michigan Chapter of the Sierra Club. Tons of great simple survival info.....not sure if it would apply on a tropical island, but it might.


4. One book that made me laugh: David Gets Into Trouble by David Shannon. Toddler Terror and I just read this book yesterday, its not supposed to be funny but it is. I read it with son #1 years ago too, it was kinda funny back then!

5. One book that made me cry: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell .

6. One book I wish had been written: The Total and Complete Handbook To Any and All of Life's Problems.

7. One book I wish I had written: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

8. One Book I Wish had Never Been Written: any self help book! especially any of Dr.Phil's!!



9. One book you are currently reading: Northern Lights by Nora Roberts. A BIG thanks to my sista J. for letting me take this book from her collection that she hasnt read yet! My sister J. always has TONS of good reading at her house. Every kind of reading.

10. One book Ive have been meaning to read: How To Think Like A Horse by Cherry Hill (her latest) Ive placed it on my wishlist.

Now, I tag all of my commentors(<-I dont think thats a word but it sounded good) .......yes, that means you!

5 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

you bet, brian :)

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big reader too. The book that I really got excited about was "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby. "Caramelo" by Sandra Cisneros was also very good.

I remember enjoying "The Cricket In Times Square" and "Jane Eyre" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn."

I also enjoy reading the books written by Michael Gear and his wife Kathleen O'Neill Gear.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

I'm game! If you do find the book you wish had been written, please send me a copy!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

I came to visit since you visited me.

BTW, in Boonesboro MD (about an hour from where I live), there is a bookstore that is owned by Nora Roberts, and her daughter-in-law runs it. Ms. Roberts lives nearby as well.

If you ever get to this part of the US, check it out!

BTW, can I add you to my blogroll? I'm respectable - i promise I won't set fire to anything, and I'm going to use your meme too!

Sudiegirl

8:57 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

chickadee-"Jane Eyre" a good one!

paval-good! Ill be over in a few to see your list :) "One book I wish had been written: The Total and Complete Handbook To Any and All of Life's Problems."

if this book was written, my life would be so much happier.

sudiegirl-I LOVE Nora Roberts, I am sadly so far behind in reading her books too, she writes FAST. Sure, you can add me to your blogroll.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home