Monday, August 07, 2006

I am Back!

I am back! The picture below is of Traverse Bay Lake Michigan last Wednesday. It was very HOT then it stormed and cooled off ALOT. Oklahoma is back into the 100's of course, geez I missed those temps like a bull misses it's calf.

Now, I need a vacation to recuperate from my vacation. My visit with my family was not nearly long enough....sigh. I did not get to hang with my favorite nephews at all, I am NOT happy about that! I have tons to report but not any time right now. I am due up at the Indian Agency at 1:30 p.m. to meet with a dietician at the Indian WIC office to see about getting some help with Wee One's recently discovered food allergies. I have been going non-stop since I walked into my door yesterday afternoon. Son #1, the socialite, has been very scarce,he is out visiting his friends in town on his bike. He is thrilled with our new home and hasnt complained about the much longer bike ride to our tiny town or to his grandparents, altho he did get a bit lost yesterday on his way home during his first adventure out! Luckily he called on his cell phone and I navigated his way home-silly! When we pulled into the driveway from our long road trip yesterday, The Old Guy was not anywhere to be seen, I was on the verge of panic when I whistled the second time and he did come running. The 3rd whistle was the charm because I heard a faint whinny and he galloped up from the back 40 of his pasture. He was back around the hill and we couldnt see each other from the house! Elvis escaped while we were gone and the county dog patrol/city waterman that works in our area found him and brought him home. He knew we were gone and Elvis tried to bite everyone but the worker. Elvis has been a bad dog these last 3 weeks! He has snuck off, then he got sprayed by a skunk, then he tried to go back to our old home a few miles away!! Ack! Hubby is back to work today which I am so happy about, he didnt like being away from work. He talked business and managed this week's business while driving home from N.MI all day yesterday, I was ready to throw his phone out the window on the interstate...

Well, more about my vacation and pictures later, I promise. After I make my blog rounds I missed for a week. I have a lot of reading to catch up on, not to mention all the National and Local news I missed.

Catch y'all later...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back. I'm looking forward to reading about your escapades!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi BG,

So glad you are back with all your loved ones around you. *sighs*

You live such an adventuresome life.

DK xo

4:05 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Animals can get more lonesome than people sometimes while we are away. Elvis was letting you know he wasn't happy you left!

Glad you were able to see some family!

6:03 PM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

welcome back! beautiful pictures, i hope you had a wonderful time.

6:49 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Gorgeous pic cant wait to see more! Glad you made it home safe!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

I'm so glad you're back!!! Missed ya! Hope you had a fabulous time!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!
Sure wish you could have brought some cool with you!

8:10 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

missed ya, glad you're back!

9:16 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

welcome home, BG!!! Muah!!!

Old Guy must have been happy to have you back :-) I keep picturing this super romantic, movie-scene like image where he is galloping and whinying in slow motion to get to you. LOL!! Thank goodness Elvis was found. Shit, I'd be so upset otherwise.

Wee one looks so cute standing by the Lake Michigan side of the bridge. Will you look at that cute mop of hair??

Nice to have you home, my friend.

Hugs,
GG xo

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home