Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Vacation Pics

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Mackinac Bridge, which Links lower Michigan with the Upper Peninsula. We were driving across it when I took the picture. Lots of lumbering motorhomes and 5th wheels on my road trip thru many states!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another picture of the bridge. It is beautiful at night when it is all lit up. My sister M. is terrified of driving across this bridge. She usually rides with her eyes covered and away from the windows. Once I drove her across when I was 15 yo and didnt have my drivers license yet! Ive pulled horse trailers across in the snowy roads and driven in windy conditions just before they closed the bridge because of the wind dangers, those were NOT fun crossings, but I love this bridge anyhow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Wee One on the lake Michigan side of the bridge.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We were waiting for the Island Ferry and this big ship came thru the St.mary waterways off Lake Superior going to the Soo Locks . The name of the freighter was Canadian Enterprise.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the ferry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Driving away from the Hilltop bar on the way to my family reunion. That is Lake Superior in the back ground.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wee One did this at the reunion the entire time, except the times he was being a brat and sqwuaking. He didnt take a nap that day-grrrr.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Driving home thru Missouri.
********
I have more pictures, Ill post them soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

we went to mackinac last year and loved it we were going to do the soo locks but cut the vacation short because the kids were acting up

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Wow! Gorgeous scenery! Wee One looked like he had a good time smelling the roses and playing and that wonderful pile of dirt!

10:05 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Pretty Pretty Pics! The bridge is so neat looking. I was telling hubby we have went up towards Pennsylvnia and all across the lower half of the map on trips now we need to extend our view of the states. Looks like it is beautiful there. The dirt would be enticing to my kids as well!

6:16 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Wow, great pics. Glad you had a nice trip. Nice to have you back.....missed ya.

11:21 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

I hate bridges and heights. Ever been to the Royal Gorge in Colorado? I walked part way out, straight down the middle (it was closed to traffic at the time) you could look through the planks into the gorge below. I got nauseous and dizzy and froze in place. Never again.

great pics, BG.

1:09 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

dakota-isint it beautiful up there? I love it! If I ever moved back, Id live in the Soo fer sure.

paval-yep! crazy kid :)

kel-kids and dirt mound, kids and snow hills, like fish and water

brian-yeah, memories...some good some notso good

butterflychic26-I would hate to have to drive you and my sister M over that bridge ;) just joking, I deal very well with crazy people!

redneckgirl-thnx! Im glad to be back too, I missed a lot

unacknowledgedgenius-no never been but I plan on it some day. My hubby is isint too fond of heights either even tho his work sometimes takes him there!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy BG!! Good to have you back in action. Great pics! Oh, TT just gets cuter all the time. Little boys, sigh.....Diane

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG WHERE did you take that picture in MO? Did you take that on Highway 44 (driving through Eureka/Gray Summit)

Oh, by the way, I live in MO. ;)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home