Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sizzling Sunday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hubby and I were outside working around the barns and garage so I decided to take a picture of Scooter before I fly sprayed him.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course he isint going to pose all pretty for me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See why its harder than hell for me to get decent pictures of him when he is in his pasture all by himself? This was a trick too, because I had to be quick before my camera died. After I got a good look at the Ole Guy, I decided to give him a soapy bath before he was fly sprayed. I let him dry off tied under the big shady tree where he couldnt roll around in the dirt. When he was dry, I fed him a few carrots and a snack cake, fly sprayed him and retied him to the tree so the spray would dry.

**************

Wee One helped out by hauling some stuff in his John Deere Gator while hubby and I fixed a small part of a paddock and set up my panels for a round pen. I am hoping someone calls soon with some work other than working cattle. I would love to have a horse or two here at home to train. Its been several weeks since I finished up with the sorrel and sent him home. I am ready now to start working again. Son #1 is all enrolled into school, it starts on Wednesday. We are all set for school to start!

9 Comments:

Blogger Porta's Cat said...

so any pics from the vacation?

;)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Boy, I've never been THAT close to a horse, BG. I could almost smell him on that last pictures!

10:51 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Gotta get your camera battery soon because I love your pics!

6:56 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

i cant believe summer is over (only according to the calender not the temps) and school is fixing to start.

7:45 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

portascat-I already posted them!

paval- really? thats the closest? horses smell great, my favorite smell, especially my own horse!yeah, I know I am strange.

kel-I know! I hate living miles from Wallyworld at times..

unacknowledgedgenius-yes, you and I must be on the same thinking level this AM cuz I just wrote my Father a snail mail letter and said the exact same thing!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Porta's Cat said...

portascat-I already posted them!

I mean the lakeside ones!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm learning a lot about horses from your blog. You'll have to tell me the process of fly spraying a horse. It sounds like it can be rather involved.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that last pic lol

9:30 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Great Pics!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home