Monday, May 22, 2006

Mondays Ramblings

Barbaro's future is still a 'coin toss' his surgeon's say. Barbaro comes out of surgery looking pretty good from all the media pictures but do not be fooled, his chance of survival is 50/50. After surgery, Barbaro had a dip in a huge swimming pool before he was awakened from sedation, part of New Bolton's renowned recovery system that minimizes injury risks to thrashing horses coming awake. Barbaro was then brought back to his stall, where he could rest.

Barbaro sustained a broken cannon bone above the ankle, a broken sesamoid bone behind the ankle and a broken long pastern bone below the ankle. The fetlock joint( the ankle ) was dislocated also. Barboro'spastern bone was shattered in '20+ pieces'. During the 5 hour surgery, the bones were put in place to fuse the joint by inserting a plate and 23 screws to repair damage so severe that most horses would not be able to survive it. Everyone knows about horses and broken legs(a horse owners worse nightmare), and most horses are generally put down in such an instance. Horse's legs have basically no muscles in them, they need thier strong leg bones to evenly distribute thier weight on thier 4 hooves. My friends who own horses and love them like me, know exactly just how horrible this injury really is and the tremendous miracle that Barbaro is still alive and sorta 'standing on all fours'. I hope he makes a successful and speedy recovery. Barbaro is a winner.......lets hope he wins this last race for his life.

The Nation's racing fans and horse-lovers watched Barbaro at The Preakness when he was injured. You can read more about the awful accident here .
____________________________________________________

This is 18yo Jarret Clark, you can read about his fatal camping trip with friends here, PT.2 , and this post Jarret Clark's Body Found. I rec'ved a few comments from an anonymous individual who is very close to this case and possibly related to the alleged attacker. I am posting thier comments even tho I have no proof of what they say is true but I think this side of the story needs told. If anything comes out in the media to substantiate anything mentioned, I will post it asap.

"I am the brother of 2 of the witnesses i got to hear the whole story before anyone had except for a wagoner county sheriff. It was sun. about 730 pm me and my brother and sister and her bf were at my moms house for mothers day and we were out back sitting around a table when they told me what had happened that early morning. They had said jarret had told them that he had 13-20 xanax bars and drank a fifth of whiskey (thats a lot of drugs in your system) . They said he had been flirting with my brothers GF but nothing big and i know my brother and his gf they really dont care who flirts with who. They have been together for awhile, but when my brother went to his truck to get some blankets he said he seen jarret crawl in the tint with his gf so he snuck around the tint ease dropping and he didnt like what was going on so he grabbed jarrets ankles pulled him out of the tint jarret got up and they were bumping chest and thats when my sisters bf came over and broke it up. my brother got mad at his gf and started packing his stuff up. (he never said why he was mad at her but i think she may have came on to jarret also im not sure thats just how he made it sound) Then thats when my sister started packing also and jarret had left the camp site but only for a few minutes. When he came back he was upset because he thought they were trying to steal his car, but he did not realize that he had rode up there with Brandon my brother. He was upset enough that he wanted to fight my brother, but my brother never fought him instead he just kept loading his stuff up while arguing with his gf. Thats when jarret went to my sisters bf demanding his keys back. They argued for awhile until it turned into a fight where they exchanged a couple punches and then jarret had her bf in a head lock, but he had got out of it and my sister said lets go so thats when they all left and the last place they seen jarret was going into the woods. They shined there lights in the woods but didnt see him. That is what i heard last sun. take it for what its worth. I am very sorry for what has happened and my heart goes out to all of Jarret Clarks friends and especially Family.God bless all. "

"Detective Haley had spoken with all of them Monday and Tuesday they all went to show the detective where they were. The detective asked questions to each one of them individually. Wednesday They were all hanging low because of death threats and thursday Th body was found and the OSBI was questioning them all from 11 am to 330 pm then they all still layed low and friday the news had announced that the autopsy reports showed no physical trauma done to the body and friday night the chemical autopsy on the body had began and i know nothing else from there. "

Maybe Jarret Clark was heavily under the influence of too many chemicals and became disoriented after this fight and wandered off into the woods, then accidentally drowned, maybe.......maybe not. Until the autopsy results are known to the public, I can only speculate. But, 13-20 Xanax bars and a fifth of whiskey consumed by a 165lbs 18yo kid seems a bit much. I would think he would be unconcious and barely breathing than putting the make on someone else's girlfriend. I know about xanax, I used to pack around a huge RX bottle of them from my physician, especially after my near fatal car accident. This is a medicine that works wonders for people who need it and it is highly addictive if not used properly. 2 xanax bars would have rendered me unconcious even after I had a tolerance built up to the drug....

________________________________________________________

St.Louis, here we come! I am getting really excited about our trip this friday. Even tho, St.Louis is not a new place for me, I love this city. My sis just emailed me and she said she cant wait either. The last time we were at the GatewayArch no trams were going up to the top because of a possible terrorist threat. I hope this trip we can go up to the top. I know hubby will decline, he hates heights!

____________________________________________________

MEN! What is with males of all ages and thier fascination with body functions and sounds? OMG! My 12yo on his way home from school friday informed me of his trip to the boys restroom after lunch. He said "No more school charburgers for me!"I do not need details! Especially ones with graphic noises. As long as everything is working, I do not need details. Then this morning, hubby strolls down the hallway and lets one rip. Gag! It lingered for about 20 minutes, even AFTER the air-freshner was sprayed and ventilation was provided. Son #1 heard him in the kitchen and shouts "wow, that was a good one dad!" Son #2, okay I cut him some slack because he is only 2 yo and still amazed at his own little, body ran down the hallway, sniffed and ran back to report to me that "Daddy farted and hes stinky". If theres a farter, son #2 will bust them, and he'll tell everyone within hearing who farted and where.
_____________________________________________________

I have a busy day planned after the Orkin Man gets here in about 15 minutes. So, y'all have a super monday and stay safe.

8 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cowgirl-yes, equine med has come a very long way! over at OSU they have an awesome equine set up, I toured it once about 6 years ago, Im sure now its even better.

kari-ohno, I suppose even little girls think 'bodily functions are halarious : )

brian-ruffian..the greatest filly to have ever graced the track, she is a legend!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Breaking wind, passing gas, farting, etc. etc. It is the "Universal Joke".

It transcends all nations, races, and cultures, and sometimes even the animal kingdom (chimpanzees come to mind).

I'd say it gives evidence to the idea that God has a incredible sense of humor.

Or maybe we're all just too easily amused. Chi sa?

PS- I think Barbaro is going to make it.

4:41 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

jake-I hope your right about Barbaro, I think so too but am scared to get my hopes up...
My horse farts occassionally but near as much as my best friend's mare, OMG she farts all the time! horse farts arent no where near as bad as human's flatulance.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Flatulence! That's such a funny word.

We're like little kindergarteners right now. Waking Ambrose (Doug) needs to use this word next.

11:06 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

jake-is it that Y chromosome that gives all guys the appreciation of 'flatulence'?

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Given my expertise on the male soul I would speculate- yes.

8:47 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-glad u stopped by, I was wondering where you were! yes, sadly enough the average horse, if he breaks his leg is usually put down. Yes, men are gross, my hubby 12yo and 2 yo remind me every day that the make species has no limits to what they can get a laugh out of =ick!

11:51 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

that was MALE species not MAKE, omg I am losing my mind over typos

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home