Monday, August 21, 2006

The Rain Came Down.....


The Rain Came Down
By Steve Earle
BestAudioCodes.com


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After I finished with most of my house cleaning chores mid-morning, I was suprised to look outside and see a storm approaching.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I took the 2 pictures out my back door facing West. We need rain so badly. This summer's hay season was a very BAD one. I would be worried if I had 3 or more horses to feed. The Old Guy can get by with his Equine Senior but I always feed him hay in the winter in addition to his full feed (not that his fat ass needs it!)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Elvis was begging to come inside. So I let him! He is such a brat. I put a new fluffy dog cushion inside his new All Weather and Elements dog house and he still wants to come inside to lounge on the couch-grrrr.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Scooter was wanting a treat before the rain hit.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hurry! He was wanting me to hurry with his apples. As soon as the rain starts be makes a dash for his barn. He might melt!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Scooter's making sure he and I are seeing eye to eye on things!

_______________________________________________________

This morning his peckerproblem looked like the swelling had gone down a lot on 1 side. He is urinating fine and normally, he doesnt seem to be in any discomfort when he relieves himself, I am at a loss here. I didnt call the vet yet because, farm calls are not cheap and the swelling has gone down a lot from yesterday. Hubby called a while ago and asked if the vet was coming out and I explained no. He thinks I should call her anyhow. Hubby said he couldnt deal with me if something happened to the Old Guy, and that Scooter is irreplaceable. Hubby is SO SMART for a man! But, since Scooter doesnt seem in any kind of distress, I am going to watch his progress for a day or two. If the swelling is the same/worse/not sure, I will have the vet come out by Wednesday. Of course, I may change my mind from now until then....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop!!!
What's that sound??
Everyone hear it coming down?
~~~
I think it is rain..omigosh!!
It has been such a long time!

12:44 PM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

omg...laughing at your wording of "peckerproblem". feel bad for the horse, but i am going to ask the medical community if we can adopt this into our vocabulary!! i hope he feels better :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-we received a nice rain but need so much more! Scooter and the Old guy are the one and the same :)

anon-I bet you are as happy as me to see the rain come down....

kt-I think the Old Guy is feeling better but I worry. lol, thats a good word "peckerproblem"!

brian-geesh, sorry your Monday has been busy. Ill curse those irritating people wanting their cars fixed, stupid people!! okay, link away my friend

2:16 PM  
Blogger kel said...

We got like 10 drops of rain here today, but there is still a chance so here's hoping! It looks like it could pour at any minute.

3:04 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

BG - Dogs are MAN'S best friend, Elvis wants the comfy spot next to hubby!! Hope his B-day is working well for him. Good that you got some rain, I'll send you some - if WE get any! How's TT today? You don't sound too stressed, so I'm guessing he's being angelic today, yes? Hope Scooter recovers quickly and doesn't require the vet. D

3:52 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

What great pics :0) I can understand not calling the vet, yet. Farm calls can be costly, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Keep a watch on him. Here's to hoping everything is ok :0)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Be safe and get the Vet scheduled out to ya.....You can always cancel if things improve.

Elvis looks so enthusiastic!

5:13 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-cha ching, love that sound if it means profit!

kel-we had a nice rain, little bit of strong winds, but it was worth it for that blessed rain

felinefrisky-TT was pretty well-behaved, he and his bro spent the evening w/ te sitter

miss1999-I just gave the old guy a look when I got home and he looked good, swelling the same tho...sigh

rebecca-lol, Elvis is a spoiled brat!!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

I like Elvis! You better watch out I don't show up in Oklahoma with a dog cage in the back of my car...

He's so cute.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home