Sunday, August 20, 2006

Crankiness Observed

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday afternoon, Wee One and I drove across the Arkansas River. This is not the river, but a creek that runs off of it. It is a peaceful area.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I took this picture as I drove across. I was going 65mph because I was not the only car on the bridge, so its not the best picture.
*****************
This morning has brought some cooler temperatures, not much but 15 degrees from 105 degrees is A LOT. It's hot, humid, and sticky outside. We did get a little rain, we need more. I was fortunate enough to be out in it on the back of my horse when the thunderstorm hit. There is nothing pleasurable about wearing rain-soaked wranglers.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Tomorrow is hubby's b-day. I can remember best friend L. and I throwing him a big birthday party bash when he turned 22 yo! What a party that turned into-an all-nighter, we had such a blast. That was ages ago, he'll be the big 3-8 tomorrow. Times have changed. We'll go out for early dinner and drinks on his boss, then come straight home. No all-night partys for us anymore...sigh. I baked his cake this morning since tomorrow he is working out of town and wont be in until late. So today we will do cake and ice cream. I woke up kinda cranky, I think I need more sleep or rest or a vacation from my family. I am trying to be nice but as the morning goes on, it is getting hard.

Hubby never makes Toddler Terror mind. I am forever having to make him stop being a brat or stop him from getting into something he shouldnt be. Hubby just ignores it. Such as this morning. I was baking a cake, loading the dishwasher with breakfast dishes (yes I cooked breakfast), doing laundry, bidding for something on Ebay for hubby (yes, he does not like to operate the computer, I have to do it for him and operate his Ebay account for him too) and I was copying his paperwork for him to a disk.

While I was doing this, hubby is leaning against the counter reading a new issue of Time magazine and Toddler Terror is running out the back door, and throwing pieces of his sausage, egg, and rice cheese on rice bread sandwich off the back porch. Toddler Terror was supposed to be eating it because he had medicine he needed to take and it cannot be taken on an empty tummy.
I tell hubby :" Please, go get TT away from the door and make him eat his breakfast"
Hubby looks at me says :" he's okay" goes back to reading whatever was so freakin interesting in the Time rag.
Me: "just go get him and set him down at the counter."
Hubby, who doesnt bother to even look up from what he is reading says to TT :"c'mere, sit, eat your sandwich."
TT runs to the door, swings it open as far as he can and hollers" cake, cake, I want cake."
Me: " get him now, he is letting flys in and next it'll be a red wasp, he needs to eat to take his medicine."
The whole time this is going on, Scooter is in his pasture as close to the back door as he can get, whinnying his head off, he also has already had breakfast. And, Elvis, who has already ate also is howling to be let inside the house because he is tied up under the shady tree because he ran off early this morning.
Hubby, who doesnt move but says to TT " shut the door and eat your sandwich."
TT looks at hubby, still chanting his wanting cake for breakfast song, and runs back out onto the porch, throws the rest of his sandwich off the porch.

So, I gather up Toddler Terror, shut the back door, set him back down at the stool by the counter so he can be near his daddy and not alone at the table, fix him a piece of rice bread toast with homemade jam and stand over him until he consumes atleast half of it. Does hubby even budge an inch? Hell NO.

The only one NOT on my nerves today is son #1. And, that is probably because he is at church right now! Actually, my 12 yo has been behaving the last 3 days or so. I must remember to let him know I appreciate him giving me a hand when I ask and him getting a handle on his smart-mouth. I hope that doesnt jinx it!

Scooter is still fussing a bit with his peckerproblem, I might have to call the vet out again. I hope he is okay but if the swelling isint down tonite, Ill be calling the good doctor. I am getting kinda worried....even hubby is. I think that may have to do with my nasty mood today.


Copperhead Road
By Steve Earle
CodesAndLyrics.com

6 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

aniin bri-well, dammit anyhow. Its Steve Earle's Copperhead Road...

12:27 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

love steve earle
mostly the older stuff
now he's too blantantly political

i'm cranky too, i'd fit into your family just fine right now. wanna adopt me?

12:49 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

*blatantly

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love seeing your horse pics.

6:30 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

BG - Oh, NO! Marriage and children are a 50-50 responsibility. Does he want TT to become a brat?! That child needs limitations. It's an instinct to act out when you don't know how far you're allowed, Marriage & children are a 24-7 job, one that's easier when shared. Now I don't have kids, but I firmly bellieve that they want to be reminded that they are cared about by having limitations placed on them. TT's gonna push the envelope until one of you does something. He'll realize that there are no boundries and run your lives, literally. He'll get used to the power you give him. Sermon over! D

7:07 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Hope your day improved!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home