Thursday, March 23, 2006

Who is Shooting Horses?

Just a bit ago, I came across 2 news articles in different states where horses have been SHOT. WTF? What is wrong with people? Yesterday, I was at the parts store and overheard on thier scanner a possible shooting of a horse in the Fairfax area. Nothing in the news today, either in the paper or up at our town's only cafe where you get a bit of gossip served up with your grits. Most of it is credible because our Sheriff deputies love the biscuits 'n gravy there, so they are in there every morning.
_____________________________________________________

Here are the 2 articles I found:
http://www.wdtn.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=32818

http://cbs4denver.com/pets/local_story_082124335.html
_______________________________________________________

If my horse were to be gunned down or shot by accident, I am certain I'd be spending some time in jail. My old guy is a part of this family and in a sense one of my kids. Now I do not feel like such a fool while during deer season, Scooter and I are trussed up like a neon billboard in hunter orange on our trail rides! The sad part is, we never venture onto someone elses land or where hunters may be. Now, do not get me wrong, I am a hunter, member of the NRA, and so on. It is just those idiots out there who have no business owning a gun, let alone running around in the public with one. They give us hunters a bad name.
________________________________________________________

There are only two emotions that belong in the saddle; one is a sense of humour and the other is patience.
- John Lyons

1 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

too bad that people running around armed cannot tell what they are shooting at, my 12 year old is safer with a firearm than SOME adults I know, scary...

funny-eh? One summer I showed a SaddleBred named 'Puke', gosh he was flashy, gorgeous but such a nasty personality (hence the nickname Puke) and I thought us AQHA members were competitive, nothing compared to the Pleasure Horse Groups! I still lean towards stock horses, would love to own a Friesian tho. Something about them.... I have decided when I get old and crippled up, I am buying an Icelandic Pony, neat little equine and close to the ground.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home