Monday, March 20, 2006

The Vacuum Smells Strange.....uhoh and some other cool news.


Today is Monday, designated house cleaning day-ick! Since Oklahoma has been receiving all of this wonderful rain, my floors are a mess. My least favorite household chore is vacuuming (also unloading the dishwasher, too) I really dislike vacuuming-but I hate dirty floors even more.
About 2 years ago when our little one was starting to crawl everywhere at about 6 months old, I became really obsessed with keeping our floors clean, everyday. I was constantly tearing up our ancient vacuum, then asking my hubby to fix it. He can fix anything-literally, if he has time, he can fix just about anything. Since my dear hubby is always working, we went out and bought a new vacuum, one hubby was sure I would be thrilled to use. The vacuum he picked out is a name-brand one with all the extras, kinda fancy for vacuum, but it declared to tackle any carpet dirt with awesome strength. Well, I wasnt impressed. I would have been impressed if it had a mind of its own and took itself out of the closet daily, swept, changed its own hepafilter thingy, then put itself away and outta sight. But no.....
So, today I am vacuuming, using the hose attachment as instructed for all large objects ect, when this burning (nasty) rubber smell starts emitting from the vacuum. It could only mean one thing-burnt off belt. Yep, sure enough. The 2 year guaranteed belt burned off right at about the 2 year mark, talk about perfect timing! Luckily, hubby came home for some lunch and while eating his turkey sandwich and left over potato pancakes, he replaced my vacuum belt.
________________________________________________________

Heres some interesting stuff in the news that caught my eye:

Oklahoma #1 in tornado damages..
It looks like since 1996 Oklahoma is #1 in tornado damages. My great State has suffered 1.6 billion dollars in damages. Check out the news link:
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0306/311839.html

Child murderer Andrea Yates husband remarries..
Wow, it appears Rusty Yates has gone on with his life after his (now ex) wife drowned thier 5 children. Rusty Yates was remarried over this past weekend. Well, I certainly wish him the best.....lets hope this wife doesnt become 'mentally ill' either because obviously Mr. Yates is oblivious to all of the symptoms of someone allegedly 'suffering' from a mental illness. I still feel this man knew what was going on inside his home but refused or just did not give a rats ass to do anything about it and save his kids. More at link:
http://www.wjla.com/headlines/0306/311943.html

Burn Ban lifted in Oklahoma
Oh yeah, I am firing up the grill as I type! I can taste that steak now, yummy. More at link:
http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=100825

Man severs own penis in a fit of rage, then hurls it at the cops
This guy needs some psychiatric serious help. He should be worried that his little wanker might not ever work properly again....entire story at link:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-ouch17.html

Wild Horses are Coming to Waterloo, Iowa in April
80 young Mustangs and a few burros are going to Waterloo for adoption per the BLM. What a great opportunity for the people in Iowa to adopt a Wild Horse or Burro. I hope the turnout is huge. Entire story at link:
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=62604

Oklahoma Couple Win $1 million
How cool is this? An Oklahoma couple from Foss Lake has won 1 million dollars by matching 5 of the 6 powerball lottery numbers. They are now gong to be able to purchase the building that houses thier bait shop. See, people REALLY do win the lottery. I am happy for them! Entire story at link:
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=944E5721-4BD0-477E-8D64-FCF9B76E6E45




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool site. You think like me. :) Greetings - from Texas

12:21 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

thanks : ))

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home