Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Trippin....



The last 6 days I was away from Oklahoma. I traveled to my home state of Northern Michigan for a big suprise birthday party for my father. He turned 75. Being Native American, I tend to be a bit supersticious on some things. When I left Oklahoma, it was during a severe thunderstorm/tornado warning. When I flew out of Northern Michigan, it was during a winter storm warning. My flights went off without a hitch both ways even tho the weather was shitty. A huge pat on the back to all of the pilots ( I had to take 5 seperate flights). The best part of my time spent in the air was when we were approaching the St. Louis area ( I had a short lay-over) and as the Mississppi River was snaking its way thru this big city, as it always does, the almost full moon was shining down like a huge spotlight. It was an amazing view to watch the moon reflect off those muddy river waters in the dark of night. The Mississippi River has always fascinated me, it is full of secrets and centuries of history.

The party was a huge success. My oldest sister J. certainly is the one of my 4 siblings who inherited all of the organizational genes in our gene poole. She put in a lot of work and it paid off. A huge thanks to her for all of her time and efforts. J. went all the way with her hard work, she does have a busy life, so idle time isint something she has an abundanced of.

I have tons more to write about my trip 'home' to Northern Michigan. I'll have to do that later because for the time being, I have some MAJOR house cleaning to do. My husband and our 2 sons have been 'bacheloring' it while I was away and my home needs a good hard scrubbing, it is full of man-dirt and quite messy to boot! But, my trip was well worth any hardship it cost me on my end, the look of suprise and absolute happiness on my father's face when we greeted him at his party is worth a million dollars to me. A memory that I will cherish for an eternity.

p.s. my old horse was as happy as my kids when I pulled into our circle driveway. He whinnied and demanded I give him a few pats and scratches before I went indoors, he really does love me! Not that I ever thought he didnt.

1 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

added:
the airplane pic is from morguefile.com submitted by:
clarita1000@gmail.com

Thanks Clarita!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home