Thursday, March 02, 2006

Global Warming


Yesterday in Oklahoma we had record breaking temperatures-high 80's-90's. This has been the norm all winter. We entered the year 2006 in a drought and seem stuck in it. Our past summer was merciless, hot and dry. They are predicting the same for summer 2006. Usually, I do not bother worrying about things beyond my control but global warming does concern me because I have children. I cant help myself wanting them to be able to live in a safe enviorment thier entire lives. Whenever a new article is publicized about this disaster looming over our planet, it never gets the media coverage or publicity it deserves. My suspicious mind immediately forms ideas of big businesses and big politicians (backed by big businesses) using thier money and power to keep this information on a low key profile. Is this the case? Probably!

Here are 2 links with great information on global warming.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/earth/climate-change

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home