Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My horse and best friend



Amazingly fast, incredibly strong, tirelessly proud, fantastically gentle, he is a huge dark beast that touches the hearts of all who meet him.
He has known joy and violence. Felt the warmth of children and the cruelty of abuse. He has nearly died saving lives and merely been killed by a drunken act. He has known the finery of grand estates and the filth of stinking slums. He has survived fire and flood, starvation and torment.
And nothing could break his spirit-or his great love.
This is HIS life.
He is called the horse- Anna Sewell

Scooter-my baby. He's going to be 27 years old in April. This picture was taken around X-mas '05. He looks pretty damn good for his age. He is getting a cataract and his arthritis flares up more, the last 2 years he has been 100% retired. We still go for our trail rides and roam around, but he is ridden easily. The Vet visited a few months back and she said his eyes were still in great shape, she gave us a new anti-inflammatory in a paste form, and some feed supplements. Scooter has been on the Equine Senior feed for about 2 full years now, he does get his hay because he is a hay wallower. This full feed is excellent for older horses, I highly recommend it. Last week the telephone company (ours is a privately owned one) had contracters working in my area because we are slowly graduating to buried phone lines and fiber-optics. Scooter watched those guys working all week-silly horse!

My human best friend L. had a birthday today. The big 37-omg! We laughed today at how when we were teenagers or even in our 20's we thought ANYONE in thier 30's was ancient. I caught her on her lunch break from the Courthouse, she looked happy to me. Its been many years since 4th grade soccer when we first met! L. is awesome, and she has about as much horse-sense as the best, I'd trust her anyday with my horse.

On the Res today something was happening. I was there twice today, once to pick up my oldest from school and another cutting thru to go up the big hill to the county park. County Deputies and a few Indian law out and about. My first instinct is bench warrants or just plain warrants. Tuesday at the Courthouse is juvie day, hmmm. I am sure whatever it is, if it is indeed something, I ll hear 'bout it soon enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger krystyna said...

Great!
HE REALLY TAUCHES THE HEARTS!

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home