Friday, March 17, 2006

Death Penalty For Violent Sex Offenders? YES! DAMMIT!!


Okay, yes I tend to lean to the right, I would consider myself a sorta kinda Republican Conservative on a lot of issues. Those of you who know me, know that I have a NO MERCY policy when it comes to sex offenders and vicious people who hurt innocent children. Am I a Christian? I try to be one. I think the lowest form of human sewege is in the form of sex offenders and pedophiles. I also strongly agree with the Death Penalty and feel it should be used for these creeps, often. Oklahoma has a Law going before our Legislature that allows jurys to sentence repeat violent sex offenders to either life in prison or Death. As a mother, I hope this Law passes and is used frequently. Here is a story below that made me a bit angry at this Judge. The entire link is at the bottom of the snippets.

Ex-Con Charged in S.C. 'Dungeon' Rapes
"HARTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) - A convicted rapist charged with abducting two teenage girls and assaulting them in a hidden underground room behind his home was captured Friday less than two miles away, authorities said. Kenneth G. Hinson, 47, fled on foot after the girls escaped and called police."
SNIPPET
A 'convicted rapist/SEX OFFENDER is charged'-those words have been repeated several times in the last year or so in connection with brutal crimes in the news. What if these 2 girls hadnt escaped? Would thier names have become Nationally known like Jessica Lundsford, Dylan and Shasta Groene, and the too many other murdered children? Couey and Duncan III were both convicted sex offenders who viciously murdered and raped children. Yet, they were set free to roam our streets and prey on our innocent children. If these creeps had been given the Death Penalty, they never would have had an opportunity to hurt another person outside of prison walls.
_____________________________________________________

"In 1991, Hinson was convicted of raping a 12-year-old girl. He was released from prison in 2000 after serving nine years of a 20-year sentence, a decision state Attorney General Henry McMaster blasted Friday."This man was sentenced to 20 years. Had that 20 years meant 20 years, he'd still be in jail now, and this wouldn't have happened," McMaster told Fox News"
SNIPPET
Attorney General McMaster has the right idea, now lets hope he takes ACTION.
_______________________________________________________
"McMaster also chided a judge's decision to not place Hinson in a program for sexually violent predators.Just before Hinson's release, a review committee recommended that he be committed indefinitely to a Department of Mental Health facility for treatment, but Circuit Judge Edward Cottingham rejected the recommendation, saying prosecutors failed to show Hinson would likely offend again."I can't control what comes before me as a judge," Cottingham said Friday. "And I deal with what's before me and make a ruling to the best of my judgment."Cottingham said he did not remember Hinson's specific case but that state law requires prosecutors to show probable cause that the person will commit another sexual assault."Obviously I regret that these young children were raped by this man," the judge said. "
SNIPPET
Is Judge Cottingham from the same Judgeship school as Cashman in Vermont?(Cashman gave the repeat sex offender of a small child only a few months in jail and probation, when he was criticized Nationally, he withdrew his sentence and ruled a stricter one, but not near enough, jerk!) They both have identical mentalities regarding this area of thier profession. Somehow, I feel like Cottingham is making excuses and trying to pass the blame onto someone else. If all the information isint presented to him, why didnt he ask the prosecutor about it? It is not like Hinson went to prison for shoplifting for chrissake, he raped a 12 year old girl! Something about Cottingham's statement: "Obviously I regret that these young children were raped by this man" gives me a nasty feeling towards him. I think he feels like he is being picked on and regrets his ruling because now he looks like a chump. If those 2 girls were his daughters or someone he loved, I bet he would use different words, other than regret.
________________________________________________________
Entire Link:
http://www.wjla.com/headlines/0306/311547.html

I rest my case........for tonight, anyhow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. I think anyone who does harm to a child should not even be able to breathe. It is pretty sad that a person can rape a child and be able to live. Why should we pay for them to be in prison for life just send butts to the electric chair. The money that we spend on rapists and murderers everyday could go to help the elderly people that hasn't done anything. Prisoneres gets 3 meals a day, they have internet access, most of the prisons has better basketball courts than most of schools. All I have to say lets just get rid of those SICK PEOPLE THEY DON'T DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE THEIR VICTIMS DOESN'T GET A SECOND CHANCE. This subject really gets to me because I have children of my own and I would kill someone if they harmed either one of them.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home