Tuesday, April 11, 2006

dammit



This is the kind of week I am having, dammit. Usually, I go with the flow and things come easy. But, not these last few days. My 2 yo will not potty train. His brother was housebroke before 2 yo, why cant my little Hamster (2 yo's nickname) potty like a big boy?! He has no interest in pooping in the potty, he'll weewee just fine tho. And, when he does crap his britches, he sneaks off for a minute or two, and does his business-this occurs usually within minutes of I or his father asking him "do you need to use the potty?" or even within minutes of removing our dear little one OFF his potty because he has been sitting there for an eternity and doing nothing. I suppose Ill have to resort to buying a How To Book on this subject!

Earlier this morning, I was outside hanging 2 quilts and some bath towels on the clothesline, my 2 yo was on the porch playing with a few trucks and cars, then he disappeared inside-he went into the fridge and licked 1/2 of the yolks out of the deviled eggs I made S. (his daddy, my hubby) for lunch, then he put the empty egg white halfs back on the plate! he did this in a matter of 2 minutes or less! Never underestimate a 2 yo.............

The worse part of this week is my boys and I both have nasty allergies. We have been sniffling, sneezing, and blowing our noses for the last 4 days. Our noses are raw red and we are kind of in a funky daze from the allergy meds. I have been trying to give us the drowsy stuff at night, but all of those antihistamine drugs (non-drowsy or not)space me out, more than I usually am!

Earlier this afternoon, I decided to exercise my old horse because in the pasture he is lazy and I noticed he is really putting on some weight. So, packed my 2 yo off with his daddy for about 45 minutes and saddled up the old guy. I was just getting him warmed up slowly with some figure eights and a few wide circles, when out of the blue he jams his head between his knees and bucks like he came straight from the damn rodeo! Luckily, I was paying attention (even thru the sudafed fog) and felt his muscles tense before he was in an all out bronc fit. Which saved my butt from being on the ground for sure. But. I suppose thats what I get for riding him in that no good snaffle and not giving his fresh ass a good lunging before I mounted. Since the old guy hasnt been rode on a regular basis he can get a bit froggy. He has never dumped me and usually he only gives one good buck, but he'll throw in a little back twist with it, so if his rider isint on good, they for sure'll bite the dirt. He snapped out of his fit and polled to the bit just like he should, he got his hindquarters under himself, and never missed a flying lead change cue. I guess he knew this session was all about work and not a fun trail, leisurely trail ride......He is still the best horse on this earth! I cannot complain too much, if hes acting a bit broncy, then that means he is feeling good. Sometimes I worry about him getting up there in age, 27 is old for a horse.

Well, dammit..............maybe the rest of the week wont be so bad.

_____________________________________________________

All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day. ~Author Unknown

2 Comments:

Blogger Rude1 said...

SOrry to hear about the allergies, I know JUST what you're going through! At least you got a little time in with your ole buddy, even if he was a bit froggy :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

hiya fixcat! thnx for stopping by. I am a fan of your little piece of the net. I can relate to your posts, I always get a giggle so I do not mind you chuckling over my deviled egg incident! C'mon back.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home