Saturday, April 22, 2006

Craziness at The Homestead





It is wonderful when one is out with these animals, how attached they become. There are times when I would walk up to my horse, that he would nicker in a low tone and run his nose against me in a very knowing manner.
~HS Young

Heres some pictures of my old guy. The best horse in the whole world (for me anyhow!) Its hard to believe he just turned 27! Earlier this evening, he and I went for a nice hour long trail ride down alongside the creek. What a beautiful evening it turned out to be. Tons of wildlife was to be seen. My total talley was: 2 bald eagles, 2 whitetail deer, 1 armadillo, and many squirrels and rabbits.
When I lit out on my ride, I was feeling a bit pissed off at my family. We had plans earlier to attend the round-up clubs events this evening but all plans were waylayed because of my 12yo's successful afternoon fishing trip, which somehow turned into a tent sleep out slumber party at my house for 4 boys. So, since my horse and I were all saddled up with no place to go, my hubby was nice enough to oversee the kids at home while I had some peace and quiet. Amazing how good I feel after that super-short hour.
Hubby is already trying to make up for the fact that next week he has to work in the Southern part of our state and will be away from home for 2 nights. I am not sure why he feels guilty about it. It is his job and I am quite capable of running the show here. S. is kinda a homebody, and he doesnt like to be away from the boys at all. I know I could use a break from him, but I would not tell him that.......well, I might, depends. School will be out in less than 3 weeks. Then, we can accompany him when he has to go out of town, no big deal.
_______________________________________________________


A long time ago when I still lived in Northern Michigan, I was riding my horse (bareback in my swim suit, to the nearest lake) one sultry summer day. A little palomino pony came from out of nowhere in a pasture along side the dirt road we were travelling. The pony was whinnying and galloping right towards us. My horse, I swear if I did not know better, it was the first time he had ever seen a pony before! Those of you who are 'horse people' know what I am talking about-I could feel his heart thundering inside his chest. It was a classic moment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know your horse is the bestest horse in the universe. Hes such a sweet one, unlike his owner-joke! Is he worried about what you will doing if he is gone?
Kaykay

8:38 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Katwee-you are a brat! you know I am an angel : )) Scooter does look great doesnt he?

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home