Saturday, April 22, 2006

Diamonds.....A Girl's Best Friend

The Golden Jubilee Diamond, the world's largest polished diamond, weighs 545 carats. Its present value is estimated to be $1,500,000.
A value has not yet been set on the 235-carat diamond found in a South African mine on Wednesday.

The largest-ever gem, the Cullinan, was found in 1905 and weighed in at 3,106 carats.
______________________________________________________

Diamonds, my birthstone. My favorite gem in the world of gems, second only to sapphires, third only to emeralds.

I was doing a little bit of news surfing on this HOT saturday, burning some time before we all headed to the round-up club arena. It is hot, 90 degrees and it is just April. I like warm/hot weather, but if this is a taste of the approaching summer, I think I'll pack my bags and move to Alaska.

Anyhow, I came across this article about the huge diamond found in a South African mine this last wednesday. Notice how the exact location is undisclosed. Well, if I were the mine's owner, I would do the same!

Nice handle bar mustache on the old-time dude. I am such a sucker for a facial hair on men. That is: nicely presented facial hair on guys, body hair.....well that depends on what areas of the body.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

I'm with you on the alaska trip! This is absurd!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

dreaming again-I hear ya, I cannot imagine life w/out AC, how sad am I?

5:16 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

I hear ya on that one, but as I get older AC is a staple in my life. Ive been waiting for a new post from you today, Ill be over in a few!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home